Our Strawberry Peach Bourbon Smash was the inspiration for this recipe. These definitely are some of the best pops we have made so far. Two popular and versatile ingredients that combine to make one mouthwatering popsicle. Few fruits epitomize the feeling of spring and summer like strawberries and peaches do. I have so many memories of eating super-ripe, pour-down-your-arms-to-your-elbows juicy fruit in the backyard growing up. These pops take me back there. Just a couple of notes before we dig in, if you can, seek out white peaches, which are slightly less common but have a lovely flavor. Also, remember that even the ripest peaches will benefit from a touch of freshly squeezed lemon. Bottom line, as long as you pick peaches that are ripe and sweet, you can't go wrong with this recipe.
• 1 lemon – you will need about 2 tablespoons of juice
• 2 1/2 cups peach chunks, fresh or frozen
• ¾ cup (6 fl oz) simple syrup (to make your own, see recipe below)
• 10-12 fresh strawberries
• 3/4 cup of vanilla yogurt
D.I.Y. Simple Syrup [makes one 1 cup]
5 oz organic cane sugar
5 fl oz water
Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan and stir over medium-high heat. Once you bring to a simmer, just continue to stir mixture until it turns transparent. Once the sugar has totally dissolved, turn off and let cool. You can store extra in a sealed container in your fridge and use for sweetener or in cocktails.
1. Add the (rinsed and then chopped) strawberries, lemon juice, homemade simple syrup and yogurt to your blender, blend until almost smooth
2. Smash your peaches in a bowl with the backside of a fork until they have a nice chunky but soft consistency
3. Layer your strawberry mix and chunks of smashed peaches in each of the molds
4. Place popsicle mold on top and add popsicle sticks
5. Pop your mold in the freezer for 6-8 hours
6. When you are ready to enjoy, remove mold from freezer and run lukewarm water over the bottom half (to loosen the pops)
Note: If you have a favorite Lazy Dog libation you’d like to see transformed in to a delicious frozen treat, leave a comment and let us know!