We had some friends ask about our floral design after the Harvest Moon Party post last week, so we decided to do a little tutorial! Hope you enjoy! Happy pumpkin picking!
You will Need:
Scissors or Shears
marker or pen
1. Grab some fresh stems from your local farmer's market or super market. Keep them in a cool place and in water until you are ready to start.
2. Pick a pumpkin out.
3. Take a look at the width of your stems. Match a drill bit (or two) to that size. I used two sizes because the sunflowers had such large stems.
4. Trim your stems. Leave a couple of inches on each flower. This will help anchor them in the pumpkin. Lay out all of your options and imagine how it will flow together.
5. Mark the big holes and little holes on the exterior of your pumpkin before you start drilling.
6-7. Drill away! I started with the larger holes and then tested the flowers to see how much space they covered. Then I just filled in the smaller holes around those.
8. Wipe down your drill and your pumpkin before it has a chance to dry and get sticky.
9. Start filling in the holes with your trimmed stems. You can move things around until it looks just right. There are no rules and nothing is permanent. Keep arranging the stems until you are content with the overall balance of your display.